Monday, November 9, 2009

Little House on the Prairie

Little House on the Prairie has always been one of my family’s favorite stories. When I was younger I lived in Kansas just like Laura. I would beg my mom to check out all Laura Ingalls Wilder books from the library, and when the TV show was on my mom and I would sit and watch together. It was our special time.
This map shows the distance from my old house to Laura's Home town (Independence, KS)


I always identified with Laura because we both moved alot. She moved from settlement to settlement, and I moved from Army base to Army base. Moving was never easy for Laura, and it was definitely not easy for me. But just like Laura I had my family to get me through.

Eighteen years ago, I started reading the books and watching the TV show. Now I am a college student at Arizona State University. I hadn’t thought of Little House for awhile when one I heard that LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE The Musical was coming to Tempe.( Needless to say my inner child leaped for joy!) I decided that I might not be the only one who loved these stories when I was younger, and maybe if I were to Blog about my favorite memories fellow fans would share their memories as well.



Tell me about your favorite books, favorite episodes, favorite “Ma” recipes etc. I hope this blog helps you remember all the fun that Little House brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment